Greetings parents and carers,
After reviewing the protocols put in place by the AFL, it's been decided not to proceed with the 2020 season at Beaumaris Auskick.
There are a number of protocols which are very difficult to follow at Beaumaris Auskick, particularly:
- Parent helpers must sit/stand 1.5 metres apart.
- Participants must sit/stand 1.5 metres apart-very hard tomanage with our Kinder t Prep kids.
- Spectators should be in groups of no more than 10 people and should remain outside of the oval/playing surface-monitoring this around Banksia Reserve is difficult.
- Before and after each session allequipment (including allbal s and cones) must be thoroughly disinfected with hospital grade cleaning products-we use so many footbaLLs and cones at Beaumaris Auskick this would have to be done on the Friday afternoon and night before every session.
- Soap and water should be used when hands are visibly soiled-we don't have hand washing taps and we aren't sure who would take care of the ongoing sanitization of the toilet at Banksia Reserve during sessions, as it'sthe responsibility of Bayside Council.
- No highfives, handshakes, and Limit other physical contact-very hard tomanage with kids.
- Auskick coordinators and the nominated COVID-19 safety officer must document the details of every participant and parent for each session-at a centre the size of Beaumaris Auskick, coLLecting this information would take aLL session, especiaLLy whiteremaining 1.Sm apart.
- Temperature checks before each session are encouraged, and we ask that all parents, coordinators and volunteers check themselves prior to attending.
- The restrictions around food service means the canteen would be closed, so no coffee for the parents or hot chips for the kids.
Finally, even if all these protocols are satisfied, Banksia Reserve may not be available for Saturday mornings, as the VAFA fixture hasn't been released yet- there may be Beaumaris Football Club matches on the ground on Saturday mornings!
If you've already registered for 2020 you have two options:
- You can transfer to another centre for season 2020. Coordinators are in the process of updating their centre information and there may be anotherlocal centre who is running sessions. This information can be found at https://play.afUauskick
- You can request a refund. In an Auskick coordinators forum we were told 'The partial pack cost and processing fee would be deducted from the refund. This is about $27'. so Beaumaris Auskick refunds would be approximately $69.
To transfer to another centre or to request a refund, contact aflauskick@afLcom.au. Please be aware, the AFL is "experiencing a high volume of emails currently" so you may not receive a reply for "10+ business days".
Thank you for your patience as we've worked our way through the protocols of this challenging situation. We know the decision not to proceed with the 2020 Auskick season will disappoint the kids and parents who are part of our Beaumaris Football Club family. However, for the health and safety of all concerned this is the best move to make. 2021willbe bigger and better than ever!
Beaumaris Auskick Coordinator 0409952198